Rules of drinking puerh tea: how to drink the famous Chinese tea with benefits for the body
For many people Shu and Sheng are still a tantalizing exotic. Newcomers want to try it but don't know how to brew and drink puerh tea correctly. We tell you!
How to drink puerh tea – highlights
There are many benefits of good-quality puerh tea. To make your tea taste good, your mood improve, and your body feel invigorated and energized, follow these simple rules. Here they are:
- It is advisable to drink not more than 400 ml of puerh tea per day. If you significantly exceed the norm, you will feel the so-called "tea intoxication", which is accompanied by light dizziness and euphoria.
- One batch of tea can be brewed several times, usually 5-7 times. First fill the brew with water so that it covers the tea particles and then drain it. This will rinse the puerh tea from dust and allow it to unfold, especially if it is pressed Shu or Sheng. The first spills infuse from 5 seconds, then gradually increase the soaking time to a minute, no more.
- Drinking puerh tea on an empty stomach is a bad habit and can lead to heartburn and stomach discomfort. This is because the drink has a high acidity. Make tea about 30 minutes after a meal. Drink it without sugar to preserve its original flavor and get more benefits.
- Strong puerh tea is liked by many people, but don't drink too rich tea before going to bed. It's better to limit yourself to a small portion 3-4 hours before bedtime. It will help you relax, relieve fatigue and help you get a good night's sleep.
- Can I drink puerh tea while driving? In reasonable doses - of course, no more than 200 ml. Tea will improve brain circulation and concentration.
Pu-erh Tea and Health – Precautions
Let's answer the basic questions from the category "can I drink pu-erh tea if...":
- Pu-erh tea for high blood pressure is not contraindicated, but drink with caution, especially the first time. Observe the reaction of the body.
- Allergy to puerh is very rare. More often it means drinking it in excess of all norms, when the heart beats faster
- You can drink pu-erh tea during pregnancy, but not in the first trimester. The tea has a tonic effect, which can affect the uterus. On the second and third trimesters, drink no more than 100 ml per day, only if you have no medical contraindications.
- Breastfeeding mothers should avoid drinking puerh tea. Its invigorating properties may affect the baby and cause irritability and sleep disturbance. Children under 3 years old should not be given puerh.
- In chronic pancreatitis, puerh tea helps improve pancreatic function. But with the exception of periods of exacerbation of the disease, at that time, refuse tea.
- If you have cholecystitis and gallstones, you should not drink puerh without a doctor's consultation. After drinking tea with a pronounced choleretic effect, stones can come out.
- Do not drink puerh in the acute phase of gastritis and ulcers. If the disease in the chronic stage - you can, to normalize acidity. The maximum serving is 200 ml.
- Pu-erh tea for diabetes relieves the condition. The drink reduces the amount of sugar, so tea drinking is approved even by doctors. Do not forget about the norms.
«In addition, Pu-erh tea will be an effective aid for weight loss. It accelerates the breakdown of fat and cleanses the body of toxins, an invaluable contribution to beauty and slimness.»